Create Bill of Lading Screen:
VICS, Straight, Pre-printed, WalMart, Sears Bill Of Lading Records can be created using this form
1. Copy - Creates a copy of the existing bill of lading, It copies all BOL data to the new BOL except for the BOL number and BOL Date.
2. Clear - Create a new blank bill of lading
3. Save - Saves as Complete
4. Draft - Saves as incomplete and assigns Bill of Lading Number to the form
5. Labels - Shows Label Printing Screen
6. POD - creates a POD ( Proof of Delivery) for the BOL)
7. Pick List - Creates a Pick List for the BOL.
8. Print - Saves as Complete and Prints Bill of Lading in Format selected, processes BOL Number and shows Preview
9. Select BOL format from various options available i.e. VICS, Wal-Mart1, Wal-Mart2, Straight-1,Straight-2, Straight-3, Pre-printed and Sears Bill Of Lading
In Straight-1 format in the carrier information following fields are seen: handling unit, handling unit type, HazMat, Product Description, NMFC, Class, Weight, Rate and charges.
In Straight-2 format in the carrier information following fields are seen: handling unit, handling unit type,packages, package type, HazMat, Product Description, NMFC, Class and Weight.
In Straight-3 format in the carrier information following fields are seen: handling unit, handling unit type,packages, package type, HazMat, Product Description, Weight and Measurement.
Shipped - Check this box to mark BOLs as shipped.
17 Digit BOL Number (VICS) - Creates VICS compliant 17 digit bol number
Weight in KGs - Unit of Measure for weight information
Send Email after printing - check to email Bill when printing
Ignore Tally - Check to ignore Package and weight count in the carrier and order inforamtion grid.
Create Bill of Lading Screen Fields
1. Shipper and Consignee Data
i. Click on down arrow to show Shipper or Consignee records from Master Tables. Select a record to select from drop down. Address fields will be populated automatically
ii. Or Click on ADD button to add / modify a Shipper or Consignee Data
iii. Or enter information
iv. If you have imported zipcodes it will enable you to select city, state and zip from auto populated dropdowns.
2. For Third Party Billing, enter data into Bill To fields
3. UCC and BOL Number: It is recommended BOL Number field be left blank. BOL Number will be automatically assigned by the system using BOL Number information on the Settings screen. If 17 Digit BOL Number (VICS) check box is set, a 17 digit VICS compliant BOL number is assigned with UCC code as the first 7 digits.
4. Date: Select Bill of Lading date, by default it will have todays date
5. Charge Terms: Select Prepaid, Collect or Third Party. If you select Third Party, Bill To must be entered
6. SCAC: Enter trucking company SCAC code or click ADD to add / modify carrier.
Note: Carrier Master Table (Menu | Masters | Carriers) has 2200 pre-loaded carriers. Activate the ones you need. Active Carriers will show up in the carrier drop down.
7. Carrier Name: Enter freight company name
8. PRO Number: Type a PRO number to generate a PRO Number barcode.
9. Trailer Number / Seal Number / Location:
10. Estimate/Quote#: Click on the Estimate button to get comparative freight quotes from the Service Providers in our Network.
11. WareHouse: Select warehouse location. (option only for Enterprise version)
12. Contact Information:
i. Ship to ATTN: Name and telephone entered under Main Menu | Addresses - contact information appears here
ii. Delivery Date: Select delivery date
iii. Name: Contact Name - Mandatory for HazMat
iv. Phone: Contact Phone - Mandatory for HazMat
13. Special Instructions:
Type any special instructions in this field.
When you select a Consignee or Bill To, comments in their record are copied into this field.
14. Order Information: (For Straight Bill of Lading, only the PO - Customer Order # field is used)
Order#: Order number relating to this shipment
Packages: Number of packages for this order
Weight: Weight for this order
Pallet/Slip: Type Y for palletized shipment
Dept#: Department Number
Invoice#: Invoice Number
Order#: Order Number
Dest: Destination Name
PO Type: Purchase Order Type
Arrive By: Arrive By Date
Additional Info: Any additional information
15. Carrier Information:
Product Code:Select product code from the product pull-down and the corresponding fields will get populated
Description: Product Description
Units: Handling Units count
Unit Type: Handling Unit type
PKG Type: Package type
Weight: Total Weight for this product. Calculated as units X weight from products record.
H.M.: Hazardous material checkbox - Enter X for HazMat product
NMFC: NMFC Code
Class: Class type
Cubes: If weight is in lbs the cubes will be in Cft and if in Kgs cubes will be in Cbm
HM Class: HazMat class for HazMat product
16. Special Handling / Services: Select any special instructions or services
17. Reference Numbers: Enter any reference number and value. Reference number can be selected from the pull-down. Type value in second field. Enter Y in Print to print it on BOL.
18. Trailer Loaded / Freight Counted: select appropriate values from the pull-downs
19. COD Amount: Enter COD Amount for COD shipment
20. Fee Terms: Select fee terms for COD
21. Customer check acceptable: Select this field if customer check is acceptable for COD
22. Master BOL Info - You can mark this BOL as Single, Master with underlying Bills or Underlying BOL.
If a BOL is marked as Master BOL with underlying bills. The order and carrier information is overwritten by the information in order and carrier information grids of the underlying bills.
If a BOL is marked Underlying BOL, you need to select the master BOL from the drop down. If it a multi stop shipment you need to mention stop #.
On Underlying BOL in Special Instructions you can see the Master BOL # and the stop#.
Special Instructions screen for additional instructions.
Once all fields are entered in Bill of Lading the Record may be saved as complete. This will assign Bill of Lading Number if it is blank and lock shipper name and bol number field to prevent any modifications.